Floral Pop Tarts With Rose Icing

9:43 PM


I had seen homemade pop tart recipes before and truth be told, I was scared of them. Why? I have no clue! Though, my educated guess is that it’s because I still love those store-bought Pop-Tarts so much and that homemade simply couldn’t live up to the original.



My first thought was I’m not going to make just any old pop tarts – though the s’mores ones are still some of the BEST snacks ever. So, I challenged myself to think outside the box. What I came up with was a mashup of a recipe featuring rose apricot jam and a fragrant rose icin

FLORAL POP TARTS

Ingredients

2 refrigerated pie crusts
1 cup jam (I used rose apricot jam)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 egg
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon rose water
Food coloring (if you’d like)

Instructions

1. Preheat your panggangan to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the pie crusts and cut the edges off to make a square. Then, cut each square into 3 equal strips.
3. Mix jam with cornstarch and spoon it into one side of your pop tart ‘shell’. Spread it out a bit, but be sure to leave room on the sides to seal the pop tart.
4. Crack egg into a bowl and beat until mixed. Brush egg wash around the edges with the jam, and fold the dry end over the egg wash to seal the pop tart. Use a fork to make indents around each edge of pop tart.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes (keep a close eye on them so they don’t overcook!).
6. Once golden, remove from the panggangan and let cool on a rack. While pop tarts are cooling, mix powdered sugar, rose water, heavy cream, and just a dash of food coloring (the food coloring is up to you! I used the tiniest bit of red to get that lovely pink color) until combined. Brush icing over pop tarts and enjoy!
Sumber https://recipes-sonata.blogspot.com/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages